A blog for innovative, unabashed and delightful cocktails. All posted recipes are my original creations. Check out the links for other quality sites that review both classic and hard-to-find recipes from other sources.

Sunday, August 29, 2010

St. Croix Cocktail










As always, many thanks to Lindsey of Brown, Bitter and Stirred for hosting the August edition of Mixology Monday. Of course, let's also raise a glass to Paul for rallying the party.

My taste for bourbon has drawn me to brown, bitter and stirred cocktails for decades. However, in the summer, I have a taste for rum, so I morphed a Manhattan into a lower-latitude version.


St. Croix Cocktail

3 oz gold rum (I used Cruzan Single Barrel)
1/6 oz (1 teaspoon) ruby port
1/6 oz (1 teaspoon) Grapefruit Tea Bitters

Stir ingredients together with ice and strain into a cocktail glass.

No comments: