A blog for innovative, unabashed and delightful cocktails. All posted recipes are my original creations. Check out the links for other quality sites that review both classic and hard-to-find recipes from other sources.

Monday, January 3, 2011

Pink Sand Cocktail


The credit for this drink goes to Justin of Tucker Point Resort in Bermuda, where my wife and some of her friends discovered it on a recent trip. It's a sweet rummy concoction that matches the pink sand of the island -- hence the name he gave it on the fly.


Pink Sand Cocktail

1 oz banana rum
1 oz mango rum
1 oz pineapple rum
1 oz dragon berry rum
1 oz Rose's lime juice
Splash of grenadine

Shake ingredients together with ice and strain into a cocktail glass.
Because I am unable to leave any cocktail recipe alone, I swapped fresh lime juice for the Rose's and finished the drink with a healthy pour of champage -- either rose for a deeper pink color, or brut to balance the sweetness of the other ingredients.

1 comment:

Kukuwa said...

You go Justin, you go Shawn!! Shawn, I will have try one of your fabulous drinks I have heard about from Beth!