A blog for innovative, unabashed and delightful cocktails. All posted recipes are my original creations. Check out the links for other quality sites that review both classic and hard-to-find recipes from other sources.

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Beamaretto Sour

This cocktail is a spin on a whiskey sour. Except, in my admittedly biased opinion, it's better if you're looking for a sweeter, smoother drink. My own taste is that one shouldn't bother diluting bourbon with sour, or anything else except ice (or, Lord have mercy, a little simple syrup and bruised mint). But, if you're going to dilute, amaretto and sour are the way to go. Not just any sour, but a sour freshly made moments before decanting. At any rate, this drink is a recurrent favorite whenever I pour, and I hope you enjoy just as much.

Beamaretto Sour

2 oz bourbon
1 oz amaretto
3 oz lemon sour

Combine ingredients with ice in a highball glass.

Variation: Every bit as good with orange sour instead.

No comments: