A blog for innovative, unabashed and delightful cocktails. All posted recipes are my original creations. Check out the links for other quality sites that review both classic and hard-to-find recipes from other sources.

Friday, July 6, 2007

Mango Smackdown

There it sat in my liquor cabinet -- a bottle of scarcely used Rose's Mango Twist Cocktail Infusion (http://rosesinfusions.com/glossary.php?family=1&id=40). I couldn't recall how it got there, but I know I didn't buy it myself. Following the recipe on the back of the bottle had been disastrous. Now, I felt a challenge to make a delicious cocktail with it. A simple mango syrup seemed like a decent starting point, but it called for some complementary flavors. The Mango Smackdown is sweet, fruity and refreshing -- a success!

Mango Smackdown

2 oz raspberry rum
1 oz pineapple juice
1 oz Rose's Mango Twist Cocktail Infusion

Shake ingredients together over ice and strain into a cocktail glass.

No comments: