A blog for innovative, unabashed and delightful cocktails. All posted recipes are my original creations. Check out the links for other quality sites that review both classic and hard-to-find recipes from other sources.

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Chocolate, Reworked


When presented with a bottle of Godiva chocolate liqueur, I finally took the opportunity to develop my own take on a chocolate martini. My general ground rule is that a martini should be of high proof, letting the flavors of the component liquors take the spotlight. In this case, I chose to round out the chocolate liqueur with subtle and deep almond and coffee flavors. If you like, slip in a pool of Irish cream liqueur as I did for a creamy taste and color contrast.


Chocolate, Reworked



2 1/2 oz vodka
1/2 oz coffee liqueur (I used Kahlua)
1/2 oz amaretto
1 oz chocolate liqueur (I used Godiva)



Shake first four ingredients together with ice and strain into a cocktail glass. Consider a sugared rim and a pool of Irish cream liqueur as garnishes.

No comments: