A blog for innovative, unabashed and delightful cocktails. All posted recipes are my original creations. Check out the links for other quality sites that review both classic and hard-to-find recipes from other sources.

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Candied Hazelnut Cocktail


My apologies for the delay in posting, it has been entirely too long. I have had a new drink chambered for days now and was ready to post some time ago. However, Mother Nature had a different plan. Just as I was about to post, some severe storms rolled through Virginia, DC and Maryland and knocked out the power. And the cable Internet access. And the phone. And somehow, even the mobile phone.
Fortunately, the Internet access cranked up again this morning. As I drove around the neighborhood, I felt lucky. Some of my neighbors' trees had been reduced in the worst case to logs and sawdust, or in the better case to branchless trunks. My yard luckily was passed over by the vagaries of the storm. Considering that far worse happened to others in northern Virginia, I am fortunate indeed.
Now, with the buzz of chainsaws in the background, things are getting somewhat back to normal, and I am delighted to offer another creamy new drink, absolutely one of my favorites...

Candied Hazelnut Cocktail

2 oz vodka
1/2 oz butterscotch schnapps
1/2 oz coffee liqueur
1/2 oz whole milk
1/4 oz hazelnut syrup

Stir ingredients together with ice in a double old-fashioned glass.

2 comments:

natalie@theliquidmuse.com said...

Can I just say... "Yum!"

Shawn said...

Thanks Natalie -- it is one of my new favorites.