A blog for innovative, unabashed and delightful cocktails. All posted recipes are my original creations. Check out the links for other quality sites that review both classic and hard-to-find recipes from other sources.

Thursday, December 6, 2007

Brandy Allesandro

Late Wednesday night I drug myself home from meetings in New York, two hours later than planned because of the weather. Ice and snow, no less. One bright spot was the box waiting for me there, cradling a bottle of Tuaca to try (thanks again, Courtney). It sounded interesting -- brandy flavored with vanilla and citrus -- what's not to like? I knocked out a couple of the suggested recipes that came along with the package to get accustomed to the flavor, then struck out on my own. My first creation was a variation of a Brandy Alexander, smoother than the somewhat cloying proportions of the usual recipe.

Brandy Allesandro

2 oz Tuaca liquor
1 oz dark creme de cacao
2 oz whole milk

Shake ingredients together with ice and strain into a cocktail glass.

No comments: